Red roses bath

08:21

I really, really like pretty / beautiful things. It doesn't matter if it's just a nice plate of nice looking food, freshly plucked flowers, lovely home decoration, inked skin, beautiful secret garden, catching sunset with the people you love, meditation on a lonely place next to the sea or just a pretty bath.

Talking about baths - lately I'm experimenting a little bit with it. No, I'm not talking about the regular bubble baths but something a bit better and definitely more pretty. I've been doing some research on the internet about home made baths when I discovered a completely new level of it. Did you know that you can even add some quartz crystal or other crystals, as long as they are safe to bathe with and will not dissolve in water? Yes, I'm one of those weird people who like to believe in metaphysical properties of a stone to heal emotions and shit. I own a few crystals (also one of my obsessions) but never tried to bathe with them. Yet. But I tried a few different baths until this post. Which one? Take a peek, try and let me know what do you think about it. 

I'll post once a week a different bath, but I'm starting with my favourite so far and the most pretty too. 


1.RED ROSES BATH
Let's start with this one! I admit mine it's not looking that pretty as this one on the picture but it's still pretty, right? Please, say yes. 
The best time to have this kind of bath is on your day off or late at night after a long day.This time I took mine in the morning (that's why I was drinking a coffee instead of glass of wine or something like that. And because I'm freaking addicted to coffee, of course.) so I could started my day super relaxed. 

Light some candles, take your favourite book, drink a glass of wine or anything else you'd like to drink at that moment, put some chillstep in the back or just lay down and don't think about anything. Just relax and enjoy. Oh, and don't forget to throw some roses in for a prettier view.

...BUT HOW?
You can choose between oil or slat. I prefer oil but from time to time I like to switch to salt in case I decided it's time for a detox bath. Bath salts are water-soluble, usually inorganic, solid products designed to be added to water during bathing while oil is a body care product that is designed to be added to a bathtub and it's available in body care and bath stores same as salt. In case you're more for DIY projects you can also made your own home made salt and oil!

- OIL BATH
In case you decided for a oil bath I recommend  Jo Malone red roses bath oil. It's a bit more expensive, but I'm totally addicted to this one! I saw a few days ago that you can get it also on Amazon from £16-£26 for 200-250ml or £38-£52 for 250ml which is a bit cheaper than in stores. But in case you think that's too much money for thing like this you can always find some approximations just for a few pounts or euros. 

-SALT BATH
In case you decided for a salt bath I recommend this organic Himalayan bath salt called Ananda. Himalayan salts are considered the most pure salts in the world, and contain upwards of 84 minerals including calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. Himalayan salts are known to cleanse and detoxify the skin, leaving it smoother, softer, and cleaner than ever before. All you need to do is to toss 2-3 tablespoons straight into the bath and voila - let the relaxation begins! 

DIY SALT 

You'll need:
-1 cup dried rose petals 
-Rose water or rose essential oil (optional) 
-1 cup Epsom salts 
-1/3 cup baking soda 
-2/3 cup powdered milk 
-Glass sealable container

Now all you need to do is to remove the petals from the roses. After you're done you can spray the roses with rose water or add a few drops of rose essential oil and leave it overnight. 
Next day we mix together salt, baking soda and powder milk in a small bowl and make sure to break up any clumps. Once the petals are dry, crumble them into small pieces. Begin layering the ingredients, starting with the Epsom salts mixture and then the bits of rose petals. We continue until your container is full and here you go...you made your own red roses salt. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images